Playing a key role in the aircraft industry
ShinMaywa's origins as a manufacturer can be found in aircraft production technologies, which date back to the foundation of our former entity Kawanishi Aircraft Company Limited. After making a fresh start as Shin Meiwa Industry Company Limited (later renamed as ShinMaywa Industries, Ltd.), we have tapped into our manufacturing prowess amassed through aircraft production to develop products that meet the demands of the times in an ever-expanding business field.
The aircraft business remains one of our mainstay businesses, and with our two core categories of "Amphibian (amphibious aircraft)" and "Commercial Aircraft Components," we are playing a key role in the development of the aircraft industry.
- Konan Plant
Development and production of the Amphibians
- Development and production of "US-2" STOL Search and Rescue Amphibian
- Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul of "US-2" STOL Search and Rescue Amphibian operated by JMSDF of Japan's Ministry of Defense
- Loading system for the C-2 Transport Aircraft
Development and Production of Commercial Aircraft Components
- Main Wing Spar for the Boeing 787 Dreamliner
- Wing-To-Body Fairings for the Boeing 777/777X
- Fillet Fairings for the Airbus A330neo
- Flaps, Spoilers and Slats for the Bombardier G7500 and other components
- Takarazuka Plant
- Production of Commercial Aircraft Components
- Tokushima Plant
Remodeling and maintenance of "U-4" (Multi-purpose Aircraft) and "U-36A" (Fleet Training Support Aircraft) operated by Ministry of Defense
- Components for the Gulfstream G550 (GV-SP) [Flaps, Ailerons; etc.]
- Ailerons, Flaps and Slats for the P-1 Maritime Patrol Aircraft and the C-2 Transport Aircraft
- Harima Plant
- Production of metal parts for commercial aircraft
- ShinMaywa (California), Ltd.
- Material Procurement of aircraft-related products