Optimal driver for applications measuring small signals that detect ON/OFF noise
The non-switching driver controls the rotation of an air spindle, which is a rotating mechanism typically found in disk test equipments. Because the equipments used to manufacture and test hard disks used in many personal computers and home appliances handle small signals, it is important to reduce the electromagnetic noise of non-switching drivers, while maintaining high-precision rotation speed.
We offer a non-switching driver that suppresses the noise caused by the non-switching (linear) operation of the power device that drives the motor, while achieving high-precision, high-speed rotation through PLL control*2by encoder signals*1.
- Encoder signal:Rectangular clock signal corresponding to rotation speed output from the encoder installed on the spindle to detect rotaion speed
- PLL(phase-locked loop)control: A method to maintain high speed-precision by synchronizing the rotation reference clock from a higher level device with the encoder pulse from the encoder built into the air spindle
Suitable for applications measuring small signals that detest ON/OFF noise
- Stable rotation within a wide speed range
- Highly responsive current control
- Noiseless non-switching operation
- PLL and torque (current) control
- EU RoHS compliance
Length of M3 threaded bolts must be fixing plate thickness plus 5 - 6mm.
If the bolt length is too long that may cause internal contact.
|Applied Motor||Three-phase synchronous motor*1|
|Applied Encoder||Incremental encoder (Max.5MHz)*1|
|Power||Main Power||±24V (8.5A and over)|
|Control Power||+5V (1A and over)|
|Output Current||Maximum||8A peak|
|Continuous||5A peak (at motor stops 4.5A peak)|
|Control||Output stage||Non-switching (linear) inverter Sine-wave current control|
|Control mode||・PLL (Phase-Locked Loop) control Synchronization with clocking (line driver), Pulse frequency dividing function*2
・Torque (current) control, Analogue voltage dispatching(±10V)
|Input||Rotation & direction command, Resetting, etc.|
|Output||Encoder pulse (A,B,Z phase), PLL locking, Motor stop, Alarm etc.|
|Rotation inconsistency||0.001% and below*3|
|Abnormality detection||The following are displayed at 7segLED
・Emergency stop (Air pressure abnormality)
・Initial operation time-out
・Rotation direction abnormality
|When abnormality occurs||Dynamic break (Built-in resistance)|
|Ambient environment||Temperature:0 - 40 °C (32-104 °F)
Humidity:85% and below ,make sure there is no dew
Do not place the product in a harmful environment such as corrosive gas, metal powder, water, or oil, etc. for electric circuit.
|Storage temperature||-15 - 80°C (5-176°F)Make sure there is no dew|
|Cooling system||Air cooling (Built-in cooling fan)|
- Application is to be judged for each product.
- Used when dividing precision of encoder pulse is insufficient.
- It could be 0.001% depending on load or rotation speed.
Automatic Machinery Group, Wire Processing Systems Department